We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Website and the quality of our Service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- Nipponshiba.com does not require the user to login or to provide any information to access the basic features of the Website or Service. While you are required to use your Facebook® credentials, Google® credentials or other 3rd-party authentication to log in to Nipponshiba.com to access the premium features of the site or service, we only store your login identification for our purposes and we are not privy to your login password or any other personal information you share with others through that service.
- When you register for Nipponshiba.com service, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, billing address, credit card information.
- Nipponshiba.com uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- For usage of Location Service information, please refer to section “Maps and Location Services”.
- We use a service provided by Facebook, a third-party offers a wide variety of products and services, including communications and advertising platforms. Please review the Facebook Services Data Policy for additional information
Google AnalyticsTM and Remarketing
- You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/).
- Your use of this website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third party vendors based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet.
Google EarthTM and Google MapsTM
- Google Maps and Google Earth map information and photographic imagery are used under license by Google. Nipponshiba.com data presented using Google Maps/Google Earth are in the public domain and made available in open standard KML/KMZ format. The map information and photographic imagery contain trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features. This does not imply a Nipponshiba.com endorsement of Google, Google Maps or Google Earth products or services.
Maps and Location Services
- Mapping features on Nipponshiba.com’s sites and services are based in part on the Bing Maps service, Google Maps service or other 3rd-party mapping service or Location Service API service. When you submit information, such as an address to be viewed on a map, to the application, that application passes it to Nipponshiba.com’s server and 3rd-party server for processing.
- Our Service makes use of information about your actual location (“Location Data”) and information about places (“Place Information”). Location Data reveals where you currently are or where you have been. Location Data is based on available positioning methods, such as GPS, Assisted GPS, Wi-Fi location service or IP-address. In many device models the user interface of the Service identifies the used positioning method with an icon. Place Information is general information pertaining to particular geographical location (e.g. city or a location of a restaurant) that you may have provided to us, for example your favourite places.
- Unless otherwise stated, we use random identifiers in connection with your Location Data that do not identify you personally.
- When you start to use the Service application, the application activates your selected positioning methods to retrieve your current location.
- The Service may send your Location Data to our server when you use location enabled features of the Service online, such as ask information about nearby services or offerings, use weather features, share your location or use the check-in feature as well as when the Service asks for new maps for new areas you have navigated into. As further defined below, Location Data may be collected when you use the navigation feature for service improvement purposes without identifying you personally. Place Information may be sent to Nipponshiba.com and our vendor for example when you synchronise your favourites or check-in a location.
- Location-related information in the request or derived from the request, may be used for calculating payments to our data vendors so that we may operate the service. We will occasionally capture all information in the request for use in testing and maintenance of the service. This information includes the date and time of the request and location-related information you may have provided to the application such as latitude and longitude, address, place name or the start and end address of a route.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Nipponshiba.com service.
- Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
Nipponshiba.com uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Nipponshiba.com. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Although Nipponshiba.com owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Nipponshiba.com application, you retain all rights to your data.
Nipponshiba.com will not disclose user’s names, addresses, or account information to unaffiliated third parties, other than:
- where the user requests or consents to disclosure
- where the user violates the Terms of Service
- where we are legally required to do so (e.g. in response to a subpoena or fraud investigation)
- where we have agreed to provide information under contracts, and
- where the user has been informed about the possibility of sharing information for marketing or other similar purposes through a prior communication, and the user has been given the opportunity to decline.
Nipponshiba.com may periodically update this policy, so please review it frequently. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Nipponshiba.com primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.